Sunday, February 13, 2005

Hartford-Springfield Airport: Fresh City

Texas BBQ Chicken Wrap - 0 stars
$6



I really expected to give Fresh Citya star, and I wanted to, but I just couldn't bring myself to. A BBQ chicken wrap sounds simple, but it turned out to be a Frankensteinian combination of mismatched ingredients: bland white "Jasmine" rice (that was undercooked to the point of near-rawness), assorted Asian-style vegetables (broccoli, snow pea pods?), bland but not-too-overcooked chicken, and big gobs of sweet but otherwise tasteless "barbecue" sauce, all wrapped in a tomato-colored tortilla.

By the way
The real highlight of the night was on my drive from BWI up to York, Pennsylvania, when I pulled off the highway for a snack at Wendy's (see the Toronto review for the backstory). The chicken nuggets were surprisingly edible, but I must say the first Frosty of my life was a disappoinment (sorry, Daniele) - as far as I could tell, a cold, whipped, sweet approximation of ice cream with only a faint chocolate flavor.

I capped off the night by chatting with Mike K., Alex B., and Patty in the Holiday Inn bar in York ... which, let's just say, is a long way from San Francisco.

No comments: